Weekly Recap — August 1, 2020
Each Saturday, I want to provide you a list of resources for you to engage yourself that influenced me. You can access the articles, podcasts, and other links in the list below.
- Why do people find my ambition obnoxious? / An Interview with Jeff Miller — We had the joy to talk with Jeff Miller from the Northeast FCA. He shared about his career in IT while offering a healthy outlook on ambition.
- Building God in Strange Places by Cindy S. Lee — In a time of shutdown, Lee offers a wonderful reflection about sacred space. Time will tell what the future holds for conversation and community.
- Good Feedback is Two-Way Conversation by Joe Hirsch — I loved how Hirsch outlined “Hero Questions.” As leaders, we need to have an ongoing conversation rather than jumping directly into feedback.
- Sam Acho on The Conversation Podcast — Pastor Rob Cattalani caught up with NFL Linebacker Sam Acho. He has a new book coming out called, Let the World See You.
- The Lonely Crowd: Churches Dying Due to Friendlessness by Mike Frost — This quote just resonated with me so much as a pastor, “It really shouldn’t be the newcomer’s responsibility. Churches should be learning to embody the grace and hospitality of the gospel and striving to be more like Christ…”
- Online vs. In-Person: 5 Group Options for COVID Re-Entry — I shared my first article with the Small Group Network on options for group meetings.
- An Interview with Jeff Fuller — Jeff Fuller and I chatted about sports, life, and following Jesus.
- Jim Bradford on the Pastor Writer Podcast — Chase Replogle has an insightful conversation about leadership with Jim Bradford, a pastor from Springfield, MO.
Posts from last week:
- A Prayer for Clearheadedness
- The Bible and Cancel Culture
- Five Ways to Help People Struggling this Summer
- Four Questions to Move Forward from Disappointment
- You Don’t Have to Prove Yourself
Originally published at https://peterenglert.com on August 1, 2020.