Each Saturday, I want to provide you a list of resources for you to engage yourself that influenced me. You can access the articles, podcasts, and other links in the list below.
- Why should I listen to voices beyond my newsfeed? / An Interview with Chief La’Ron Singletary — On the Why God Why Podcast, we had the opportunity to interview Chief La’Ron Singletary from the Rochester Police Department. He provided wisdom and insight into the current events we have encountered as a society today.
- Nona Jones on the Carey Nieuwhof Podcast — Nona Jones from Facebook provides critical input to online ministry. This interview looks at the present reality of church ministry during the shutdown and the future of discipleship. I pre-ordered her book From Social Media to Social Ministry.
- Bishop Claude Alexander interviewed by Gerald Hector- I just started reading the book by Gerald Hector, It’s Easy Son — Quit Making Things Difficult. The book inspired a podcast. He interviews Bishop Claude Alexander. Bishop Alexander has led the Park Church in Charlotte. He pioneered multisite campuses, livestreaming, and other endeavors before they entered the church conversation. I loved his heart and wisdom in this interview.
- The Generations in Your Church by Ed Stetzer- On the Exchange, Ed Stetzer provides a fantastic snapshot of the generations in the church. See the different generations — Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials, Generation Z.
- This Legendary Campaign Crushed Coke’s Marketshare by Sean Kernan- Coke dominated the market share, but Pepsi made huge strides to regain ground. This fascinating article details that story.
- Don’t Let Microstress Burn You Out by Rob Cross, Jean Singer, and Karen Dillon — I think we sometimes talk ourselves out of stress because we don’t see it as a crisis. This super practical article invites you to see microstress. It provides a helpful worksheet to walkthrough along with ideas for dealing with it.
Check out the posts from this week:
- A Prayer for Our Kids
- Approach Your Opinions with Humility
- Kind Leaders Bring Clarity
- Five Books on Developing Compassion
- A Contract, Patrick Mahomes, and Going All In
- What to Post in Facebook Groups