Weekly Update — July 18, 2020
Each Saturday, I want to provide you a list of resources for you to engage yourself that influenced me. You can access the articles, podcasts, and other links in the list below.
Posts from this week:
- Why is it so hard to grieve? / An Interview with Ben Sternke — You have heard the words “grieve” and “lament” in this season. Ben Sternke from Gravity Leadership engaged this question on the Why God Why Podcast.
- Derwin Gray on the Pastor Writer Podcast — Chase Replogle interviews pastor Derwin Gray on his podcast. I’m looking forward to reading Gray’s new book The Good Life: What Jesus Teaches on Finding True Happiness.
- Good Leadership is about Communication the Why by Nancy Duarte — Leaders often assume the people understand the why but Duarte reminds leaders of the importance of clearly communicating it especially in seasons of crisis.
- Do you Venmo? by Aaron Mercer — I would highly encourage you to subscribe to Aaron’s blog, https://ftpolicy.com/. This week’s article was about the potential of churches utilizing Venmo for giving.
- Bernie Williams Deserves More Credit For Making The Yankees A Dynasty by Neil Paine — I love the Yankees and I think Williams is underrated. So there you go!
- Michael Keys on the Conversation Podcast — It was fascinating hearing my boss interview my mentor. Loved the conversation Pastor Rob Cattalanit had with Mike Keys.
- Five Things Empathetic People Don’t Do by Nick Wignall — As we become more stressed and anxious, empathy will be an even more needed skill. Nick Wignall offers practical insight on how we miss opportunities to show empathy.
- Leadership Lessons From AppleTV’s Greatness Code: 10 Common Threads Of Being “In The Zone” by Brian Dodd — A fascinating list of quotes from the greats like Tom Brady and LeBron James on being in the zone. Tough for Bills fans too.
Originally published at https://peterenglert.com on July 18, 2020.